Call for Submission – “Tirgan 2011 Short Film Contest”
Sponsored by :
|For submission instructions in Persian please click here:|
Deadline: May 30, 2011
Tirgan 2011 invites filmmakers to submit their films to the Tirgan Short Film Contest. Films and videos meeting the following specifications will be considered for further detailed review by the panel of judges:
- Subject – Related to Iran and/or Iranians
- Genre – Fiction, documentary, animation, and experimental films and videos.
- Length – Maximum 10 min
- Year of Production – Made after 2007 or never screened before
- Subtitles – English
- Submission – Postmarked on or before the deadline specified above.
A complete submission should include the following information:
- Title of the film
- Complete name of the filmmaker
- Filmmaker’s contact information
- Country of production
- Year of production
- Format (35 mm, DigiBeta, Beta SP, etc)
- Other festivals / contests the work has been shown
Submissions will be evaluated by a selection committee. Six to eight films will be selected for screening. Two of the selected films will be chosen by a jury as the Best Film and Best Canadian Film, and one film will be the winner of the Audience Award as voted by the audience.
Please send a DVD copy of the film to the address below or submit your films via a web link (high quality):
Mailing Address: 21 Watford Ave, Toronto, ON., M6C 1G4, Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com (The subject of your email message must be “Short Film Contest”)